banana-y muffins

My mom baked a lot when I was a kid. Now I love baking. And it looks like the gene was passed on once again. The daughter of justcooknyc baked these for me the other day. She’s been on a banana muffin/bread kick lately. Now I know the answer to the question, “What’s better than having a baker in the house?” Two bakers, of course.

I’m not sure about where the recipe came from, but here’s the note she wrote. (I’m keeping her name confidential because, hey, I’m a dad.) I have a hunch she improvised a little with these muffins, rather than strictly follow the recipe… that’s my girl.

This entry was posted in Baking, breakfast and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to banana-y muffins

1. Sabrina says:

That was very sweet of your daughter. The muffins look wonderful!

2. Joanna says:

I love anything with banana in them. Those look awesome!

3. R. says:

Mmmmmmm What a nice daughter! Those look perfect :D

4. Phyllis says:

Super impressed! Those muffins look delicious (especially the pecan cinnamon crumble)

5. ChineseKite says:

This is so sweet of your daughter. Did Jen and you like the muffins? They sounded delicious to me.

sabrina: thanksjoanna: yeah, i love banana-anything toor.: thanksdawn: thanks for visitingphyllis: yeah, i'm always a fan of crumbleschinesekite: sorry if that wasn't clear–these were definitely good

7. Jenn says:

That's so sweet of your daughter!!! You taught her well. Two bakers in the house is definitely better than one.I made banana muffins the other day too. hehe… East coast, west coast connection. Oooooo…

8. Suzanne says:

aw, so sweet! They look yummy. I love how she wrote, "EAT THEM!" Like a command. :)

9. What a sweet daughter you've got. I love banana in any form of bakes.

10. Elie's Papel says:

yum! what a nice gesture!

11. sweet..=) muffins looked delish!

jenn: ha, i know. i'm lucky.suzanne: right, that is so funny.ling: me tooelie: thanks for visitingcn: thanks

13. Aww…banana muffins just say love. Nice handwriting too.

14. anjelikuh says:

Awww, what a nice gesture for your daughter! Must be great having freshly baked food sitting around the house all the time. Those muffins look delish. And thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm also recovering from the shock that i actually made my own mascarpone!

15. Kitchen M says:

How sweet! I like that she used pecans instead of walnuts. I bet they were delicious! :)

16. Pandalicious says:

you have a daughter?! how cute.. me too. i totally hear ya about keeping things private. arent kids the best? mine loves to help out in the kitchen. those muffins look great.

jessica: thanks for visitinganjelikuh: right, it's definitely nicekitchen m: i normally go with walnuts in my banana bread, so you're right, it was a nice change of pacepandalicious: it's nice when your child is into cooking

18. Hanaâ says:

What a lovely surprise to come home to. I don't see any reason to complain :o) And when there are 2 bakers, you have more to eat and otherwise more to share w/others :o)

19. I love the new banner!Your blog always makes me happy and hungry ;)xoxoPsychedelicsister

Two bakers in the house is pretty darn cool. You're a lucky dad :)

hanaa: exactlypsychedelicsister: thankseliana: definitely

22. Rara says:

Anything with banana is just irresistible! This one is one of them. Love it so much!

23. peachkins says:

aaawwww…that is so sweet!